Physical therapy is specialized treatment that focuses on improving a person’s function, whether it’s related to bones, joints, muscles or nerves. Typically, a person’s function has been impaired due to an illness or injury, wear and tear, or as part of the aging process.
Our highly skilled physical therapists are trained to diagnose the root cause of an individual’s dysfunction and together, develop a physical therapy program designed to help individuals achieve their goals, whether those range from:
Regaining function, strength and endurance after an illness or injury
Preventing the loss of mobility before it occurs
Helping properly train for a race or athletic activity using proper body mechanics to reduce the chance of injury
Developing fitness and wellness oriented programs for healthier and more active lifestyles
Specialized services including pediatric, geriatric, women’s and men’s health
Physical therapists most often treat functional problems such as:
Stroke or CVA
Back Pain, Neck Pain and Other Joint Pain
Limitations of Joint Motion
Poor Muscle Strength
Our Physical Therapy services also includes the following advance therapeutic skills:
- includes treatment of joint pain using different modalities and hands on technique to alleviate the pain caused by arthritis, soft tissue injuries and other painful disorders.
- limited mobility due to stroke, spinal cord injury, or peripheral nerve damage can be managed by therapist through different neuromuscular re-education techniques.
- therapy can help put you back on track after generalized deconditioning and weakness due to age related ailments.
- chronic non-healing wound can benefit from different therapeutic modality interventions such as high galvanic pulsed current and selective debridement to enhance healing rate.
- swelling due to lymphedema and other ailments that leads to an accumulation of excessive fluid in an extremity can be managed conservatively through therapy.
BOWEL AND BLADDER PROGRAM
- therapeutic exercise, biofeedback and electrical stimulation helps in controlling urge, stress or mixed form of incontinence.
SPLINTING AND CONTRACTURE MANAGEMENT
- limitation of joint motion due to prolong immobilization or due to soft tissue adhesions, arthritis, etc. can be resolved through various type of therapy.